Denio Camp



William Denio and wife (wish I could recall her name, but I'm able to find very little about either of them) lived here a little after 1900.

It's got a rushing spring that originates just a little north of the buildings.

I read somewhere that occasionally pioneers would build little structures over small creeks. Probably to keep things cool, but I forget the purpose. I think it would be fun to build a little building over a creek like this with a trap door in the floor. Might be good napping. Good ionization and all that. Maybe the babbling would be too loud in the wooden box. Would water sprites be a concern?

I wonder if Frank Lloyd Wright considered these things when building his Falling Water house on the river.
That little pond has tiny fish in it.
The spring originates only a short distance
 from the house.

Comments

Popular Posts